Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things you really need to learn

This post on Stephen's blog by Stephen Downes is interesting and I'm sure many of you will agree with the sentiments here. The six things he discusses include:
1. How to predict consequences
2. How to read
3. How to distinguish truth from fiction
4. How to empathise
5. How to be creative
6. How to communicate clearly
Sounds simple enough here but the reasons and explanations he provides, along with links to back up materials and readings all sound pretty straight up and valid. I am looking forward to sharing some of these ideas with my students when I'm back in school in a few weeks.

Several blogs I have read recently, including Garr Reynold's excellent 'Presentation Zen' have encouraged me to further my offline reading so today I plan to hunt down and purchase the following - Brain Rules by John Medina, The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam and Winging It by Keith Spicer.

Found a great slideshow on Web 2.0 - very clear and concise, and I'm sure will help me to explain some things to some people.

No comments: