Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A new journey


This year sees the beginning of a new journey for me as an educator. I have been selected as one of 5 Microsoft Innovative Teachers' scholars. My host company is Core Education, based in Christchurch and I will be working with them on their 'Jane and the Dragon' website.
The work I am doing involves the use of a new (to NZ) animation software called Marvin, developed by inchain of Australia.
This photo is of the 2008 MINTS team - (l to r) Sue Parkes of Christchurch; Jan Foster,Whakatane; myself in the middle, Nathan Kerr, Onehunga; and David Olsen, Wellington.
The five of us have already had the privilege of attending the preconference workshop on Marvin at this year's Learning@Schools conference, and a two day workshop in Auckland facilitated by Pete Somerville from Heurisko and Nils Beehre from Microsoft.
In April we fly to Hanoi in Vietnam for the Innovative Teachers conference - from this one of our presentations will be selected for the worldwide Innovative Teachers forum later this year.

No comments: