Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Story telling today

The ram upgrade has made a huge difference to my speeds and changed the modus operandi here considerably. Marvin software is going famously. I had a wonderful response from our Year 9 class regarding their prior knowledge of storytelling - over twenty emails from students. I am looking forward to working with this class on Friday and next week and I bet they come up with some brilliant stories.

I have been thinking about stories, the culture of them and remembering those I have loved - 'Caps for Sale' was my very own first favourite and drove my parents crazy! My sister's was 'Hurrah for Jonathon'. We can look at story telling on a wider basis and include stories such as my first cinematic favourites - 'I Love Lucy', 'The Beverley Hillbillies' and 'Lassie'. My youngest child's is The Hobbit. Favourite stories now are often those we share such YouTube clips. Saving favourites and sharing is a clear way of establishing a shared culture of stories. Although many aspects of our stories have changed, sharing is still a really important part of story telling.

No comments: